Rope Selector Qustion 2

Will you be climbing with...

* 2 Independant Ropes (Half Ropes), Most common in Britain on large mountain routes
* One Rope (Single Rope), Most common for sport/indoor climbing - simple to use
* or Double Clipping 2 Ropes (Twin Ropes), mostly used in France

There are three main types of Dynamic climbing ropes available for climbers to choose from. If you are unfamiliar with this terminology then you can look them up in the glossary: Half Ropes, Single Ropes, and Twin Ropes.


Some of the main Online Rope Suppliers in the UK.

  1. Facewest
  2. Gearzone
  3. Field & Trek
  4. Cotswolds